Forging flange is a product with the best mechanical properties. The raw materials are usually hammered by the tube after cutting, to eliminate the segregation, loose and other defects in the steel ingot.
The mechanical properties and price of forging flange is higher than that of ordinary cast flange. Flanges are parts of pipes and valves that are connected to each other, mainly at the end of the pipe, and also there is flange used in the inlet and outlet of the equipment.
The main processing steps of the forging flange
1. The selected raw material steel is put into the medium frequency electric furnace to smelt. The temperature of the molten steel reaches 1600-1700 ℃.
2. Preheat the metal mold to 800-900 ℃ for constant temperature.
3. Start the centrifuge, and inject the molten steel in step ① into the metal mold in step ② after preheating.
4. Casting naturally cools to 800-900 ℃ for 1-10 minutes.
5. Use water to cool the casting close to normal temperature, and the casting is removed from the mold.
The process of forging flange is usually composed of some processes. It is necessary to select high quality billet blanking, heating, forming, and cooling after forging. Forging process methods are free forging, die forging and swage forging. When production, select different forging methods according to the size of forging quality, the number of production batch.